PARTICIPATING DEPARTMENTS: CELTIC STUDIES, COMPARATIVE LITERATURE, FRENCH, GERMAN, ITALIAN STUDIES PROGRAM, SCANDINAVIAN, SLAVIC and SPANISH & PORTUGUESE
- WHEN: Thursday, 05/23/2013 (1-4pm)
- WHERE: Ceremony & Reception- Zellerbach Hall
- WHO: Students completing their A.B., M.A., and Ph.D. degrees Fall 2012, Spring, Summer or Fall 2013. You may participate only once.
- KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Catherine P. Koshland, Vice Provost, Teaching, Learning, Academic Planning and Facilities, Wood-Calvert Professor in Engineering, Professor, Environmental Health Sciences, and Energy and Resources
- MASTER OF CEREMONIES: TBA
- DEGREE LIST (Undergraduates only): N/A
- DIPLOMAS: Diplomas will be available at 120 Sproul Hall approximately four months after your “official” graduation. There is a form and a fee if you request that it be mailed to you. Click here for more information.
- CEREMONY: The ceremony will run approximately two to two and one-half hours, with a main speaker and then a (very) brief presentation by each department and the conferral of their degrees.
- TICKETS: We do not hand out tickets, as there is plenty of seating at Zellerbach. Please bring as many guests as you like to the ceremony. Seating is on a first come, first served basis.
- PHOTOGRAPHY: We are pleased to announce that GradImages is the official photographer for this ceremony. Students participating in commencement are asked to pre-register for “University of CA Berkeley Languages” ceremony with GradImages so that they can be contacted after the ceremony. All students who have pre-registered will receive their picture proofs via email within 24 hours. This email will also contain the student’s pin number which can be used to access that student’s pictures on Grad Images’ website. Students will also receive a picture proof in the mail 3-5 business days after the commencement ceremony. Students who would like their proof sent to any family members or friends, are welcome to visit GradImages to register them. There are two ways to order: online or by phone 1-800-261-2576.
RECEPTION: Immediately following ceremony, Mezzanine Level, Zellerbach Hall — No Tickets Required for the Department ceremony.
- REGALIA: Cap and gown sets are available for purchase only through the Special Services Department at the Cal Student Store (642-9000 x681 ) beginning late March, and continuing through May. The charge for B.A. regalia is approximately $50.00; for M.A. regalia it is $99; and for Ph.D. regalia it is $123. Ph.D. candidates who wish to purchase official regalia may do so through the Cal Student Store.
- ANNOUNCEMENTS: Graduation announcements are formal notices to send to family and friends announcing your graduation. Announcements come in two forms: generic or personalized. For more information, click here.
- PARKING: We will post more information closer to the commencement date. In the meantime, visit the campus Parking & Transportation web site for information.
CONTACT INFORMATION FOR VARIOUS DEPARTMENTS
- Comparative Literature: Kathy Barrett, email@example.com
- German & Dutch: Nadia Samadi, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanish & Portuguese: Mari Mordecai, email@example.com
RELATED WEB SITES