The German Film Club organizes public screenings of German films for students taking courses in the German department and anyone from the campus community interested in German cinema. This semester our theme is “American Friends” and all the films in our series deal with encounters between Germans and Americans that take place in Germany or in the U.S. Films by Werner Herzog and Wim Wenders – two directors who spent considerable time living in America – are featured prominently in the series, along with other more recent films which depict the United States through German eyes. The schedule is below:
- September 26th - Vergiss Amerika (2000)
- October 10th – Stroszek (1977)
- October 24th – Der Stand der Dinge (1982)
- November 7th - Friendship! (2010)
- November 21st – Der amerikanische Freund (1977)
- December 5th – Bagdad Café (1987)
You can also view or download this semester’s American friends poster.
All film screenings will begin at 6:30 pm in Dwinelle 282 and all films will be shown with English subtitles. For more information please contact Tara Hottman, Alicia Roy, Alex Estes or Michael Fragomeni.