Selected as the AATG 2013 Post Secondary Outstanding Educator, Nikolaus Euba holds an M.A. degree in “Deutsch als Fremdsprache” from the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität in Munich. Before coming to California, he taught and coordinated German courses at Miami University (Ohio) and the University of South Carolina. At Berkeley, he directs the German Language Program and mentors the Graduate Student Instructors who teach language courses. His research interests focus on integrating (literary) texts into foreign language teaching and learning, a topic on which he frequently develops workshops and gives presentations. He is a consultant to the College Board’s AP program in German and to the National Evaluation Series (NES). After having directed and taught numerous summer study workshops in Heidelberg, Jena, and Berlin, he now coordinates the language program at FUBiS (Freie Universität Berlin in the Summer). He is a recipient of the Star Award for Excellent Service to the Student Community (1998), of the Mortar Board Excellence in Teaching Award (2001) and of UC Berkeley’s Faculty Award for Outstanding Mentorship of GSIs (2007).
- Welten: Introductory German. With Prisca Augustyn. Cengage, 2015.
- Welten: Student Activities Manual. With Prisca Augustyn. Cengage, 2015.
- Stationen: Ein Kursbuch für die Mittelstufe. 3rd edition. With Prisca Augustyn. Cengage, 2014.
- Stationen: Arbeitsbuch. 3rd edition. With Prisca Augustyn. Cengage, 2014.
- Workbook/LabManual Level 1, accompanying Fokus Deutsch. McGraw Hill, 1999. (Contributing Author)
- Workbook/LabManual Level 2, accompanying Fokus Deutsch. McGraw Hill, 1999. (Contributing Author)
- Workbook/LabManual Level 3, accompanying Fokus Deutsch. Annenberg Foundation/McGraw-Hill, San Francisco, 1999. McGraw Hill, 1999. (Contributing Author)